Thursday 14 April 2016

The Silent Twin - Caroline Mitchell

"Nine-year-old twins Abigail and Olivia vow never to be parted. But when Abigail goes missing from Blackwater Farm, DC Jennifer Knight must find her before it’s too late. 

Twin sister Olivia has been mute since Abigail’s disappearance. But when she whispers in Jennifer’s ear, Jennifer realises it is Abigail’s voice pleading to be found. 

A damp and decaying house set in acres of desolate scrubland, the farm is a place of secrets, old and new – and Jennifer must unravel them all in order to find the lost girl. But could Olivia’s bond with her twin hold the key to finding Abigail? And can Jennifer break through her silence in time to save her sister’s life? "




Blimey. Just when you thought things couldn't get any better in a series, THIS comes along. While I have been a fan of Caroline's paranormal detective series from the word go, this third instalment honestly blew me away. Twisty and turny from the get- go I found myself tangled up in knots as I tried frantically to figure exactly what was going to be the outcome of this intricate web of deceit. Needless to say, nothing I dreamt up came even close to what ACTUALLY happened - and it's so rare now for me to have NO clue at all as to what the twist will be in  a book, that the fact that I was kept in the dark until the very end meant that I was hooked.

Book three sees the return of Jennifer and Will - and several other familiar characters - battling to solve the mystery of a missing child. As ever, Caroline's characters are believable and relatable, even the ones that you don't take a shine to. The writing is clear and crisp and the plot is cleverly woven together to come to a brilliant denouement. 

Whilst I'm sad that we've reached the end of the Jennifer Knight series, I am even more excited by Caroline's Ruby Preston series, which if it's even half as good as this, it's sure to be a cracker.

The Silent Twin is out today and you can get it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk

**My thanks to Bookouture for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment