Wednesday 12 August 2015

Tenacity - J.S. Law

"Suicide must be investigated.
Especially when a Royal Navy sailor kills himself on a nuclear submarine, only days after his wife's brutal murder.
Now Lieutenant Danielle Lewis, the Navy's finest Special Branch investigator, must interrogate the tight-knit, male crew of HMS Tenacity to determine if there's a link.
Isolated, and standing alone in the face of extreme hostility, Dan soon realises that she may have to choose between the truth and her own survival.
Justice must be served, but with a possible killer on board the pressure is rising and her time is running out…"



Apparently, it's quite rude to go on holiday with your family and then spend the entire first two days ignoring them because you have your head stuck in a book that you are completely unable to put down. Me, I don't have a problem with it, but according to Team Hall it's not the done thing, especially when once you finish you gab about it to everyone you meet, encouraging them to read it, even when they are French and can't understand a word you say. But there you go. 

Tenacity is one of those books. One that you keep seeing everywhere, all over Facebook and Twitter and I always think that these books never quite meet the hype. So I delay reading them, then when I eventually pick them up I want to kick myself for leaving it so long. This is a scorcher of a read, with a protagonist that I loved, purely because she was so bloody hardcore taking on all the sailors. Fast-paced is not the word for it - the storyline is so pacy I was left quite worn out by it all. A clever plot line with plenty of hooks and twists mean that "just one more chapter" will inevitably turn into  "read until you don't even realise you fell asleep, til you wake up with the imprint of the chapter on your face." 
I advise you believe the hype and read it now, don't put it off any longer.

Tenacity is out now and you can get it here:


**My thanks to the publisher for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment