Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die - Marnie Riches

"HE’S WATCHING HER. SHE DOESN’T KNOW IT…YET
When a bomb explodes at the University of Amsterdam, aspiring criminologist Georgina McKenzie is asked by the police to help flush out the killer.
But the bomb is part of a much bigger, more sinister plot that will have the entire city quaking in fear.
And the killer has a very special part for George to play…
A thrilling race against time with a heroine you’ll be rooting for, this book will keep you up all night!"


I have to say just one thing - I LOVE George McKenzie. She is everything I want my main character to be - particularly when it's a woman. She's feisty, confident and smokes too much - I love her! 
I found the storyline in this novel one of the grippiest I've read in a long time. Everything is very fast-paced and the story flows very well - I particularly enjoyed the cheeky little twist that popped up half way through. I didn't see the twist coming, although in hindsight there are little clues dotted throughout, and that was something that added to the read, the idea that the twist is there, but the reader really doesn't see any relevance to the clues around it. 

The relationship between George and the policeman in charge of the case is very intriguing - I'm looking forward to this relationship (hopefully) developing further in further books, she's a prickly character but I think they will end up being a good team!

The setting and descriptions are brilliant - just seedy enough to enhance the story without being full on graphic (in a gross way), and the writing really brings the setting to life. If you're a fan of Jo Nesbo, Ragnar Jonasson or nordic/scandi noir in general then this one is definitely for you. 

The Girl Who Wouldn't Die is out now and you can get it here:


**My thanks to the author for my copy**

No comments:

Post a Comment