Friday 24 July 2015

Secrets at Maple Syrup Farm - Rebecca Raisin

"Lucy would do anything for her mom…but she never expected to end up promising to leave her. After her mom got sick, Lucy dropped everything to take care of her, working all hours in a greasy diner just to make ends meet and spending every spare moments she had by her mom’s hospital bedside.

Now, Lucy is faced with a whole year of living by her own rules, starting by taking the first bus out of town to anywhere…

Except she didn’t expect to find her next big adventure just around the corner! Especially when on her first day in town she bumps into grumpy, but oh-so-delicious Clay amidst the maple trees. Surrounded by the magic of Ashford, Lucy has the chance to change her life forever and finally discover a life she wants to live!"


I loooooove Rebecca Raisin - she is the Queen of proper pick-me-up feel good stories that are guaranteed to make you feel better, so I was super excited to get my hands on Secrets at Maple Syrup Farm. 

I have to say, going back to Ashford and revisiting all the lovely characters from Rebecca's previous books was LOVELY, like getting in a hot bath on cold day, but this novel was so much more than I have come to expect from Rebecca. Whilst the old characters featuring in the story was lovely, her new characters are also brilliant - I loved Clay, his moodiness mixed with swoon-iness (Not a real word, but hey ho). One aspect I did really enjoy, alongside the development of Lucy and Clay's relationship was the SECRET - it really gave a little something extra to the story and kept me reading long after I should have gone to sleep. 

I think I have a new favourite in Rebecca's series and I'm hoping we get to see a lot more of Lucy and Clay!

Secrets at Maple Syrup Farm is out now and you can get it here:


**My thanks to the publisher and lovely Tay Pickering for my ARC**

No comments:

Post a Comment