Monday 6 July 2015

Meet me in Malmö - Torquil Macleod

"A British journalist is invited to Malmö to interview an old university friend who is now one of Sweden s leading film directors. When he discovers the directors glamorous film star wife dead in her apartment, the Skåne County Police are called in to solve the high-profile case. Among the investigating team is Inspector Anita Sundström, who soon finds the list of suspects growing. As Anita battles to discover the answers amid the antagonism of some of her colleagues, she even begins to think that the person she is becoming attracted to could be the murderer. This is the first in a series of the best-selling crime mysteries featuring Inspector Anita Sundström."



This was a grippy crime read, that started off fairly slowly but soon gathered pace and really drew me in. The story flips back and forth between the present day and back to the days when Ewan, the journalist, and Mick, the film director, were at University together - this means that the reader gets to experience both past and present characters, an aspect that I really enjoyed as I felt it made the characters come to life. 
I really liked Ewan and Anita, and the way they danced around their relationship was intriguing - it was another part of the story that kept me hooked, alongside all the twisty turny red herrings that get thrown the readers' way throughout. However, the thing that made this book not-just-your-average crime read was the final twist - a complete shocker that I didn't really see coming (although there is some allusion to it, I just really couldn't see it happening!), that explodes onto the final pages it launched this book into the 4.5 star read realm for me.

Meet me in Malmö is out now and you can get it here:


**Many thanks to the publisher for my copy**


No comments:

Post a Comment