Saturday 27 June 2015

The Great Christmas Knit Off - Alexandra Brown

"Heartbroken after being jilted at the altar, Sybil has been saved from despair by her knitting obsession and now her home is filled to bursting with tea cosies, bobble hats, and jumpers. But, after discovering that she may have perpetrated the cock-up of the century at work, Sybil decides to make a hasty exit and, just weeks before Christmas, runs away to the picturesque village of Tindledale.
There, Sybil discovers Hettie’s House of Haberdashery, an emporium dedicated to the world of knitting and needle craft. But Hettie, the outspoken octogenarian owner, is struggling and now the shop is due for closure. And when Hettie decides that Sybil’s wonderfully wacky Christmas jumpers are just the thing to add a bit of excitement to her window display, something miraculous starts to happen…"


OH I LOVE THIS BOOK! And I am super excited to discover its the first of a new series by Alex Brown - SO HAPPY! Despite it being June, and boiling hot outside, The Great Christmas Knit Off was a perfect read for me this week. I had a busy week at work, was getting ready for my tiny little baby girl to go to big school (She's nearly as tall as me and she's 11 BUT STILL!) and curling up in the evening with Sybs, Hettie and Dr Darcy was the perfect tonic. 

You can't help but fall in love with Tindledale and the hilarious characters that live there - Sybs had me in stitches in places, (no matter how awful my week was going, Sybs was considerably worse) and Dr Darcy is positively swoon-worthy. Laurence is an absolute delight - everybody should have someone like Laurence in their life, and I'm really hoping that he makes another appearance in the next book! Alex's vivid descriptions of the village make it easy to imagine and really help the characters come to life. 

The perfect pick- me-up for the end of a busy day, I can't wait for the next visit to Tindledale.

The Great Christmas Knit Off is out now and you can get it here:


No comments:

Post a Comment