Friday 17 April 2015

Close to Home - Lisa Jackson

"HOME IS WHERE THE FEAR IS...


The house where Sarah McAdams grew up has always terrified her. But now she's moved back with her daughters, determined to put her childhood fears behind her.



It's harder than she thought. Increasingly haunted by the past, Sarah soon realises that the present has its own threats. One by one, teenage girls are disappearing...



Frantic for her daughters' safety, Sarah feels the house's walls closing in on her once more. Somewhere deep in her memory is the key to a very real danger. 



And only by confronting the terrifying truth can she protect her children from a nightmare that is roaring back to life…"




I read this in one sitting - creepy, chilling and with a hint of the paranormal, I couldn't put it down. I found Lisa Jackson's writing reminiscent of Mary Higgins Clark, (not a bad thing), in that she writes clearly, with likeable characters that while generally tending to be "nice" they also have strong traits that mean they can kick ass when they need to. 
The plot for this novel was very good - there were plenty of twists and each time I thought I knew who was behind it all, they either turned up dead or popped up somewhere else - and there is nothing more satisfying for a reader who loves a mystery than getting to the end of the story with NO IDEA who the culprit is. I loved the historical back story that ran along side Sarah's tale - this also reminded me of something that might crop up in a Mary Higgins Clark book, and I felt that it added something a little extra to the story.

Close to Home is out now and you can get it here:


**Thank you to the publisher and Bookbridgr for my ARC**



No comments:

Post a Comment