Sunday 1 March 2015

Stranger Child - Rachel Abbott

"One Dark Secret. One act of revenge. 

When Emma Joseph met her husband David, he was a man shattered by grief. His first wife had been killed outright when her car veered off the road. Just as tragically, their six-year-old daughter mysteriously vanished from the scene of the accident. 

Now, six years later, Emma believes the painful years are behind them. She and David have built a new life together and have a beautiful baby son, Ollie. 
Then a stranger walks into their lives, and their world tilts on its axis. 
Emma’s life no longer feels secure. Does she know what really happened all those years ago? And why does she feel so frightened for herself and for her baby? 

When a desperate Emma reaches out to her old friend DCI Tom Douglas for help, she puts all their lives in jeopardy. Before long, a web of deceit is revealed that shocks both Emma and Tom to the core. 

They say you should never trust a stranger. Maybe they’re right."



I heart Rachel Abbott SO MUCH, so I was absolutely chuffed as nuts to receive an ARC of Stranger Child. If you have read Rachel's previous books, then you will already be familiar with the characters in this novel, and if you're anything like me, you'll already be emotionally attached to them. This is probably the hardest review to write EVER, without giving away any spoilers! All I can tell you is what's in the blurb above - and that there are epic plot twists in there. So epic in fact, that once I finished reading I had to message Rachel just to squeal at her regarding the twists (sorry Rachel! x). Even though I guessed the major plot twist at about three-quarters of the way through, this by no means detracted from the rest of the story - I spent the remaining quarter crossing my fingers that things were going to go the way I wanted them to. That's all I can tell you without ruining it for you all. Just go and buy it. Now. And then sit and squeal all the way through to the end. 

Stranger Child is out now and you can get it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment