Wednesday 11 February 2015

Fragile Lies - Laura Elliott

"His name is Michael Carmody. 
He is a writer and a father. 
His son is lying in a coma, fighting for his life. 
Her name is Lorraine Cheevers. 
She is an artist and mother. 
An illicit affair has destroyed her marriage. 
Michael is desperate to find the couple who left his son for dead, a victim of a hit and run. 
Lorraine is desperate to start a new life for her and her daughter. 
Michael and Lorraine are about to cross paths – damaged souls, drawn to one another. 
They don’t know that their lives are already connected. 
They don’t know the web of lies surrounding them. 
They are each searching for the truth. But when they find it, it could destroy them both."


To be honest, I was looking forward to reading this but it was just….OK. In the end. There was a good story line, and the connecting stories that linked the characters was also good but there just something missing. I can't put my finger on what it was - maybe just the fact that I couldn't really relate to the characters? The adultery side of the novel made it extremely difficult to like certain characters, which may have been the author's intention, but I felt like there were some characters that I was supposed to like but I just didn't. That said, I did really like both Emily and Ralph, both had a very sharp wit about them in some places that did make me laugh.

In all, this was a good read - a few twists and turns through the storyline that made it more interesting, but I think it could have been so much more - maybe I've just read too many psycho-thrillers lately and I was waiting for the BIG TWIST??!! I will definitely be recommending this to my mum, because I know she will love it!

Fragile Lies is out on 12th February and you can get it here:


*I received an ARC from the publisher and Netgalley*

No comments:

Post a Comment